Synopsis: Returning to London, the Doctor and Sarah Jane find a city almost completely devoid of life. The civilian population has been evacuated in the wake of an unimaginable event: somehow dinosaurs have returned to terrorize the Earth.
As the Brigadier and UNIT fend off increasingly vicious attacks from gigantic prehistoric reptiles, the Doctor investigates just how these monsters are appearing without warning. But when Sarah Jane is kidnapped, the Doctor realizes perhaps even his oldest friends can’t be trusted.
Who is responsible for the devastating carnage? And what will Sarah Jane do when she awakes aboard a spaceship many light years from home?
Episodes: 6 25-minute episodes
Cast: Jon Pertwee
Street Date: 12 January 1974
- Audio Commentary with actors Richard Franklin, Peter Miles and Terence Wilton, director Paddy Russell, script editor Terrance Dicks and Designer Richard Morris
- People, Power and Puppetry (32 mins)
- Deleted Scenes (4 mins)
- Now and Then (13 mins)
- John Levene’s Commentary (10 mins)
- Doctor Who Stories: Elizabeth Sladen Part 1 (14 mins)
- Billy Smart’s Circus (1 min)
- Photo Gallery (6 mins)
- Option to play episode one in good quality monochrome (default) or poorer quality color recovered from the film recording
- PDF materials: Radio Times Listings
- Production Note Subtitles
- Digitally remastered picture and sound quality
|Original Air Date||N/A|
|Run Time||About 2 1/2 hours|
|Number of Discs||2|
|Character||Third Doctor, Jon Pertwee|
|Release Date||Jan 10, 2012|