Digitally remastered Doctor Who classic The Dominators!
Dulkis: planet of harmony and enlightenment. Home to the peaceful Dulcians. An oasis of calm in the cosmos – and completely defenseless.
The Doctor, Jamie and Zoe arrive to find Dulkis enslaved by the cruel Dominators and their deadly robotic servants, the Quarks. The pacifist Dulcians offer no resistance. Can even the Doctor save a people who are willing collaborators in their own destruction?
The TARDIS materialises on the planet Dulkis, currently under threat from two alien Dominators, Rago and his subordinate Toba, who have landed in a spaceship.
Aided by their robotic servants, the Quarks, and slave workers drawn from the native Dulcian population, the Dominators set about drilling bore holes, through which they plan to fire rockets into the planet's molten core. Their intention is then to drop an atomic seed capsule into the resulting eruption, turning Dulkis into a radioactive mass - fuel for the Dominators' space fleet.
- Audio Commentary with actors Wendy Padbury, Frazer Hines, Giles Block and Arthur Cox and make-up designer Sylvia James
- Recharge and Equalize (23 mins)
- Tomorrow’s Times – The Second Doctor (13 mins)
- Photo Gallery (6 mins)
- PDF materials: Radio Times Listings
- Easter egg
- Production Note Subtitles
- Digitally remastered picture and sound quality
Starring Patrick Troughton, Fraser Hines, Wendy Padbury
Director Morris Barry
Writer Norman Ashby
Five – 25 minute episdes (Approx. 121 min+ 42 minutes of Enhanced Content)
- Disc 1: The Dominators, Enhanced content
First Broadcast Date: 10 August 1968
Street Date: 1/11/2011
|Run Time||About 2 Hours|
|Number of Discs||No|
|Character||Second Doctor, Patrick Troughton|
|Release Date||Jan 11, 2011|